WLAN :: AR9374
Atheros XSPAN® Technology
Atheros offers the industry's most innovative and complete portfolio of 802.11n wireless LAN chip solutions. This generation of Atheros’ XSPAN 802.11n technology builds upon the company’s XSPAN leadership – with enhanced performance, higher integration, smaller form factors and lower overall cost – to meet the needs of the rapidly growing 802.11n market. Like all Atheros' 11n solutions, the new fourth-generation solutions are compliant to the IEEE 802.11n specification.
Atheros fourth-generation XSPAN chips feature:
- Leading Integration that delivers end-product cost and form factors to drive broad market adoption of 802.11n products; Does not require host WLAN processing, and does not need xPA/xLNA and external memory.
- Single- and Dual-Band, and Multiple MIMO Configurations that enable OEMs to balance product price/performance for specific applications and market segment requirements;
- Lowest power consumption solution: Low Power Peripheral Interfaces like USB HSIC/LPM, efficient sleep power modes and wake up mechanism produce an environmental friendly, energy saving solution for the end-customer;
- Easy Network Setup the industry’s simple network configuration software that supports both the PIN and push-button setup methods.
The Atheros AR9374 UB134 is the industry’s most advanced solution for adding 2x2 dual-band 802.11n WLAN connectivity to a range of USB connectivity or embedded CE applications. Some of the ideal applications include Digital TVs, Blu-Ray Players, Digital Media Adapters, Home Network-Attached- Storage, Wireless Audio, and a range of others.
The AR9374 single-chip WLAN solution leverages Atheros industry leadership in all-CMOS radio design. AR9374 is a highly-integrated single-chip delivering high performance 2x2 MIMO configurations in both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands and offering robust link quality, maximum throughput and highest range. With its very small package footprint and low power consumption it enables WLAN connectivity in a new set of use-cases.
AR9374 integrates into a single chip a powerful full-offload CPU with a complete on-chip memory subsystem including ROM and RAM. This solution eliminates the need for external memory components and enables ultra-low-cost and small- form-factor embedded WLAN designs. With its powerful CPU and memory subsystem, the AR9374 enables integration of WLAN into systems where the host CPU lacks headroom to support WLAN processing.
The AR9374 also integrates on-chip the complete MAC, Baseband and Radio as well as the industry’s highest performing on-chip CMOS PAs (Power Amplifiers) and LNAs (Low Noise Amplifiers). The AR9374 also includes on-chip memory and peripherals to enable a host of advanced WLAN applications including streaming audio, streaming video, and direct ad-hoc peer-to-peer wireless connections.
- Delivers full-performing 2-stream 802.11n throughput in embedded applications such as TVs and Printers, without burdening the system’s host CPU
- Delivers Atheros advanced 11n technologies to achieve whole-home coverage for multi-media applications
- Includes MLD, TxBF, MRC, LDPC and STBC
- Based on Atheros sixth-generation of 802.11n technology
- Lead-free ROHS and Halogen-free packaging