WLAN :: AR9287
Atheros XSPAN® Technology
Atheros offers the industry's most innovative and complete portfolio of 802.11n wireless LAN chip solutions. This generation of Atheros’ XSPAN 802.11n technology builds upon the company’s XSPAN leadership – with enhanced performance, higher integration, smaller form factors and lower overall cost – to meet the needs of the rapidly growing 802.11n market. Like all Atheros' 11n solutions, the new fourth- generation solutions are compliant to the IEEE 802.11n specification.
Atheros fourth-generation XSPAN chips feature:
- Leading Integration that delivers end-product cost and form factors to drive broad market adoption of 802.11n products;
- Single- and Dual-Band, and Multiple MIMO Configurations that enable OEMs to balance product price/performance for specific applications and market segment requirements;
- Rich Media & Peripheral Interfaces that anticipate the requirements for advanced media networking applications and allow end-product feature differentiation;
- Easy Network Setup with the industry’s simple network configuration software that supports both the PIN and push-button setup methods.
The Atheros AR9287 is the single-chip, single-band 2.4 GHz solution for PCIe in XSPAN's fourth generation of products. The AR9287 Half-Mini Card is the most integrated and compact 802.11n solution for 2-stream with nearly 20% fewer components than the previous generation single-band PCIe on the market, enabling mainstream computing market applications. It offers the optimal balance of performance, power and price with its single-band, 2x2 MIMO configuration, which features downshift to 1x1 MIMO with Dynamic MIMO Power Save. The AR9287 follows in Atheros' drive towards integration – and is the eleventh single-chip client solution to be introduced.
- Single-chip, 802.11n-compliant wireless LAN client solution with integrated MAC, baseband and 2.4 GHz radios
- Based on fourth-generation 802.11n compliant technology
- Support for 2x2 MIMO
- Conserves power with 1x1 downshift using Dynamic MIMO Power Save
- Enables PHY rate of up to 300 Mbps on downlink
- Compliant with IEEE 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11d, 802.11e, 802.11i, and 802.11n
- Lead-free RoHS compliant