WLAN :: AR6103
Atheros Align® Technology
Atheros Align technology leverages the 802.11n 1–stream specification to provide the optimal upgrade path from legacy 802.11 solutions. The single-stream solution enables a new class of Wi-Fi devices that deliver performance enhancements over the existing 802.11g technology, at comparable price points. Align® solutions are forward compatible to higher-performance, multi-stream, MIMO–based 802.11n, and are available in reference designs to serve the networking, PC and consumer electronics markets. The enhanced throughput of Align 1–stream solutions improves network efficiency by occupying the wireless channel for shorter periods than slower 11g devices – reducing congestion and increasing capacity for additional wireless devices. Align employs all the mandatory and select optional features of the 11n specification, and Atheros’ advanced radio design techniques, to effectively double the wireless coverage over legacy WLAN.
Atheros ROCm® Technology
Radio-On-Chip for Mobile (ROCm) Products
The combination of wireless solutions for mobile WLAN, with our dominant position in the home, office and metro Wi-Fi networking markets, enables a worldwide wireless ecosystem based on the company’s technologies. Atheros-engineered ROCm technologies provide the most reliable wireless performance and connectivity anywhere you go. Atheros ROCm technologies give customers the unsurpassed ability to:
- Build the most power-efficient devices
- Design for the smallest form factor applications
- Achieve the most cost-effective designs
- Deliver Atheros-class performance in a wide array of mobile devices, all featuring a high level of design and integration ease.
The AR6103 is Atheros’ third-generation Wi-Fi solution, featuring 802.11n for portable consumer electronics devices. Based on the game-changing AR6003 Wi-Fi chip, the AR6103 brings 802.11n throughput, range and pow- er efficiency to portable CE devices, such as eBook, smartbooks and tablet PCs, Internet radios, printers, remote controls, and smart grid devices. The AR6103 connects directly to an antenna, eliminating the need for complicated RF tuning and calibration. It is fully shielded, includes an integrated high-frequency reference clock, and connects directly to the battery, making it one of the smallest and lowest cost, complete 802.11n solution in the market.
The AR6103 incorporates all the features and performance of the award winning ROCm AR6003 solution, including:
- Single-stream 802.11n for faster downloads, longer range, and lower power consumption
- The highest actual end-user throughput-over-range utilizing advanced 802.11n features including: full & half guard interval, hardware accelerated frame aggregation, space time block coding (STBC), and low density parity check (LDPC) encoding
- Highest level of on-chip integration using CMOS technology
- Patented Atheros Efficient Power Amplifier (EPATM) for high transmitter output power
- Integrated power management unit
- Direct ConnectTM AP Mode technology
- Atheros Universal Wireless Cooperation for enhanced Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Cooperationr